at The Journey Church.
The opinions about how to gather are as varied as about when. Our concern for the common good—loving our neighbors—guides the how for The Journey. For the past two years, you have been hearing the phrase here, bringing hope and healing to our community and the world. Making that a practical reality as we regather is vital in these days of uncertainty, fear, unrest, and division. For that very reason—and I cannot express this strongly enough--YOU HAVE AN OPTION.
Starting Sunday, June 28 you will have the option of either attending a Sunday morning service LIVE at The Journey, or continuing to WATCH the same service ONLINE in the same format we’ve been using for the past three months. Whichever way you choose, we are still one church together in Christ, in two locations: one physical, one virtual. We are very blessed either way.
We do not intend to screen attendees’ health; you are the best judge of that.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 as described by the CDC, such as a frequent cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell; or if you or someone you live with have been diagnosed with COVID-19, then please stay home and worship with us online.
If you are at high risk, please consider staying home and worshipping with us online.
PROTOCOLS AND GUIDELINES
- Doors will be opened at 10:15am on both sides of the building: the main entrance on the south side and the opposite entrance on the north (lawn) side.
- Face coverings will be strongly recommended*, in keeping with recent guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) stating that face coverings must be worn “in any indoor public space.” Please bring one and wear one. We will have disposable masks (and a few reusable ones) available.
- Physical distancing will be honored and practiced in the building and parking lots. (Leave an extra space between cars whenever possible.)
- Hand-sanitizer will be available by the entrances and restrooms.
- Restrooms will be monitored/sanitized before, during, and after each service.
- No separate childcare or children’s programs will be offered.
- Families who attend need to sit and stay together.
- Offering baskets will not be passed.
- Bibles will be available in the entry. We encourage you to bring your own. (If you don’t own one, please feel free to take one home as our gift to you.)
- No paper materials will be distributed.
- Coffee and individually-wrapped snacks will be served by a volunteer.
* NOTE: The CDPH Guidance allows exemptions for certain individuals and/or for certain situations. If you do not meet one of those exemptions but still prefer not to wear a face covering, please consider choosing to worship from home through our online service.
Yours for the peace, grace, unity, and hope of the good news,